The engineering department comprises R&D and current product development teams.
Research and development
AARD made a strategic decision to launch at least one new product to the market each year.
AARD launched the following new products:
2013: AARD SCISSOR LIFT ROOF BOLTER
2014: AARD 10 LHD
2015: AARD 33DT
2016: AARD 7 LHD
The R&D team is currently designing and developing a new generation LP Bolter and a LP Drill Rig
Current product improvements
Current products are continuously being upgraded and improved to meet customer’s requirements.
2013 highlights include:
- Upgrading the 5.5 ton LHD to a 6 ton LHD
- Modifying the AARDBOLTER LP to suits the customer’s requirements
- Designing and manufacturing a 38-seater bus, based on the UV80
- Upgrading the AARD SINGLEMASTER bolter to suit the customer’s requirements
2015 highlights include:
- Develop the UV100 utility vehicle as a dedicated cassette or RORO ( Roll On - Roll Off)
- Designed and develop the a;; new low profile UV50