Our footprint and facilities
AARD is primarily focused on South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. However, the company also exports products from its range into Canada, the United States of America, Russia and Europe.
AARD is well represented in the field by a number of branches and satellite warehouses, and in sub-Saharan Africa by subsidiaries in both Zambia and Zimbabwe.
In South Africa
Chamdor complex and head office
AARD’s head office and manufacturing plant are situated at its Chamdor facility, with the following facilities on site:
- Corporate head office
- Global warehouse
- Manufacturing and assembly factory
- Drifter manufacture and assembly factory
- Jobbing and fabrication factory
- Paint bays
- Axle repair workshop
- Wheel motor repair workshop
- Drifter repair and service workshop
- Electrical harness and component shop
- Brake test ramp
Branches and satellite warehouses
We carry a full range of spares and major components for our product range and, with satellite warehouses in Kuruman, Steelpoort, Rustenburg and at some mines, we are able to make spares available on a 24/7 basis.
- We repair and service Kessler and Dana Spicer axles to OEM standards.
- We repair and service our range of hydraulic drifters.
- We rebuild our equipment to OEM specifications.
- We do modifications according to the requirements of our customers.
Teams of field service technicians and trainers operate out our Kuruman, Steelpoort and Rustenburg branches to service clients’ equipment. Spare parts and components are available around the clock and our service teams will make arrangements to deliver outside normal business hours, in accordance with customer requirements.
Elsewhere in Africa
AARD Zambia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AARD South Africa. The company is based on the Copperbelt, in Mufulira, Zambia.
AARD Zimbabwe is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AARD South Africa. The company is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.