Our footprint and facilities
AARD is primarily focused on South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. However, the company also exports products from its range into Canada, the United States of America and Europe.
AARD is well represented in the field by a number of branches and satellite warehouses, and in sub-Saharan Africa by subsidiaries in both Zambia and Zimbabwe.
In South Africa
Chamdor complex and head office
AARD’s head office and manufacturing plant are situated at its Chamdor facility, with the following facilities on site:
- Corporate head office
- Global warehouse
- Manufacturing and assembly factory
- Drifter manufacture, assembly and repair workshop
- Jobbing and fabrication factory
- Axle repair workshop
- Wheel motor repair workshop
- Test track and brake test ramp
Branches and satellite warehouses
Aard carries a full range of spares and major components for its product range and, with satellite warehouses in Kuruman, Steelpoort, Rustenburg and at some mines, Aard is able to make spares available on a 24/7 basis.
- Aard repairs and services Kessler and Dana Spicer axles to OEM standards.
- Aard repairs and services its range of hydraulic drifters.
- Aard rebuilds its equipment to OEM specifications.
- Aard does modifications according to the requirements of its customers.
Teams of field service technicians and trainers operate out our Kuruman, Steelpoort and Rustenburg branches to service clients’ equipment. Spare parts and components are available around the clock and our service teams will make arrangements to deliver outside normal business hours, in accordance with customer requirements.
Elsewhere in Africa
AARD Zambia is based on the Copperbelt, in Zambia.
AARD Zimbabwe is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.